Family History of Northern, NY
Cutter, A. M.
Online Edition by Holice, Deb & Pam
Newton, father of Royal Newton, was born in 1809, in Chazy, Clinton
County, New York, and was descended from the Newton family of
Marlborough, Massachusetts, many pioneers of which settled in the
different counties of the state of New York. He had a common school
education. He went to Ogdensburg, New York, in 1840, and was engaged in
the sawmill business, until he moved to the farm in Lisbon, where he
continued to live until he died in 1888. In politics he was an ardent
Republican. His every day life was marked by the strictest honor and
integrity. This was the religion he lived and died. He married Mary
Northrup, born in Hebron, Washington County, New York, 1811, died 1890,
daughter of Robert Northrop, who was a soldier in the War of 1812, and
took part in the battle of Plattsburgh. Of this union there were three
children: 1. William, died in Canton, new York, in 1905. 2. Sarah, who
lives in Oskaloosa, Iowa, and is the wife of Dr. Pardun, of that city.
3. Royal, see forward.
Royal Newton was born in the city of Ogdensburg, March 5, 1850, and in childhood moved with his parents to that section of the town of Lisbon, St. Lawrence County, known as Morey Ridge, where, with his parents he continued to reside until he was twenty-six yeas of age, except such portion of the time as he was away attending school or teaching. He received his early education in the district school and later in the Canton Academy. He commenced teaching when he was eighteen years of age, and taught in the district schools of that vicinity; for three seasons conducted the school in his own home district, and later taught in the village school of Russell, Morley and Colton. While teaching in Colton he, out of school hours, worked and studied early and late in the drug store of H. S. Hepburn, where by the persevering qualities that in after years characterized his life, he became proficient in the drug business, which was the foundation of his business career. In 1876, in company with H. S. Hepburn, he purchased the drug store of S. L. Clark at Parishville, New York, which was conducted under the firm name of Hepburn & Newton, for about three years, when Mr. Newton purchased his partner's interest, and about one year admitted into partnership F. D. Gilmore, and under the firm name of Newton & Gilmore conducted the business until the present time; Mr. Gilmore, however, having died in 1905. In 1884 he was appointed receiver of the Flanders Manufacturing Company of Parishville, manufacturers of lumber and butter tubs; afterwards he became associated with Mr. Flanders in the lumber business. In 1890 he entered into partnership with S. L. Clark & Son in the lumber business under the firm name of the Parishville Lumber Company, continuing until 1902, when Mr. Newton withdrew from the concern. He is a member of Watkins Lumber Company, conducting business in New York City. He was the principal owner of the drug business of W. T. Hinman & Company, of Potsdam, until 1909, when the property was destroyed by fire, and Mr. Newton withdrew
from the co-partnership. At the present time (1910) he is a director in the Trois Pistoles Lumber & Pulp Company of Trois Pistoles, Quebec, Canada. He is also a director and vice-president of the People's Bank of Potsdam, of which he was one of the original stockholders, and of which he has been director since its organization.
In politics he is a Republican. In 1893 he was elected to his first public position--supervisor of the town of Parishville, which position he held for eleven years, during which time he served his town and the community faithfully and with marked ability. He served on all the important committees of the board of supervisors and was twice elected chairman of that body. He was the originator of many important measures which are closely followed at the present time, principally the purchasing committee of which he was the originator; and acted as chairman of that committee as long as he remained a member of the board. He was a member of the sub-committee that built the present courthouse and a member of the building committee that remodeled and built the jail. He was presidential elector on the Republican Ticket in 1900 when McKinley and Roosevelt were elected. He was alternate of Congressman Malby to the Republican National Convention at Chicago in 2904 when Roosevelt was nominated. He was elected treasurer of St. Lawrence County in 1905 and re-elected in 1908. He has filled that office to the utmost satisfaction of the public. He has always conducted the affairs of his office with the same conscientious and conservative endeavors that he applies to his own private affairs. He is always ready to devote his time and efforts to promote the best interests of the public. He is a member of Amber Lodge, Free and Accepted Masons, of Parishville, of which he was master for several years. he is also a member of Lodge No. 704, Independent Order of Odd Fellows.
Mr. Newton married, November 28, 1882, Eliza Duffy, of Parishville, daughter of Patrick and Mary Duffy. They have no children.
ABBOTT. The name Abbott is derived through the Syriac, aba, from the Hebrew, ab, meaning father. It has been applied to the head of a religious order by various races from early times, and finally became an English surname. There has been considerable controversy abut the spelling of the patronymic, whether with one or two t's. Many have held that the single letter indicates the ancient and correct form. Historical investigation would seem to indicate otherwise. Of the two hundred and eleven Abbotts, whose wills were filed in the courts in and about London during the fourteenth, fifteenth and sixteenth centuries, one hundred and ninety-five have signed their names with two t's. Major Lemuel Abijah Abbott, United states army, who has recently written the valuable work in two volumes on the descendants of George Abbott, of Rowley, finds the same proportion among the signatures of the early American Abbotts, though he frankly says that he personally would prefer the single t, and always supposed that it was the original form.
The ancient English branch of the Abbott family lived in Yorkshire and their arms were a shield ermine, with a pale gules on which are three pears, or. Above the shield is a closed helmet, and the crest is a dove bearing an olive branch in its mouth. The Guilford branch in surrey, which contains the most distinguished members of the family, have arms in which the three pears are prominent, but they are varied b the insignia of the bishop's office. The Guilford Abbotts present a remarkable record. Maurice Abbott was a cloth worker in the town during the sixteenth century, and his wife was Alice March or Marsh. They were staunch Protestants and people of undoubted respectability, but their own condition gave little indication of the eminence to which three of their sons would attain. They
were all contemporaries of Shakespeare, and their talents were of the kind brought out by "the spacious times of great Elizabeth". Robert Abbott, the eldest of the six sons, became bishop of Salisbury; George, the second (1562-1633), became Lord Archbishop of Canterbury, which gave him the rank of the fit citizen of England; and Morris, the youngest, became a knight, governor of the East India Company and lord mayor of London. Of English Abbotts of more recent times, mentioned may be made of Charles Abbott, son of John Abbott, of Canterbury, who was made lord chief justice of England in 1818, and Baron Tenterden, in 1827. Another Charles Abbot, son of Rev. John Abbot, of Colchester, (name with one t), was speaker of the house of commons from 1802 to 1817, when he was elevated to the peerage of Baron Colchester. The Abbott family in this country has produced few people of world-wide fame, but according to Major Lemuel A. Abbott, previously quoted, the name has stood for "quiet dignity, consideration, kindness of heart and great suavity of manner." Many of the family have been farmers who lived for generations on their ancestral lands, a home-loving law-abiding peaceful folk, but there are many writers, clergymen, and college professors on the list. The writers number men like the brothers, Jacob and John S. C., and the clergy such names as Dr. Lyman Abbott, son of Jacob. Mrs. Sarah (Abbott) Abbott, of Andover, Massachusetts, became the founder of Abbott Academy, February 26, 1829, the first school exclusively endowed for girls in the country. She was the great-great-granddaughter of George Abbott, whose line follows. Among other Americans who have the Abbott blood, but not the name, are President Hayes Abott Lawrence, minister of the Court of St. James, and Bishop Lawrence, of Massachusetts. By a strange coincidence the three immigrant ancestors of this name bore the Christian name of George. The family herein traced is undoubtedly of the same origin, but no connection between them has been established.
(I) George Abbott, an immigrant from England, was in Windsor, Connecticut, in 1640, and was fined for selling ammunition to the Indians. He was in Hartford in 1647-48, and in 1653 became one of the original proprietors of Norwalk. His home lot was situated in North Norwalk, where he died in 1689. His will, which was made in the latter year, was recorded March 11, 1690. The maiden name of his first wife, who was probably the mother of his children, is unknown. He married for his second wife, Mrs. Johanna Williamson, of Boston. His children were: 1. John. 2. Dorothy, married Darius Root. 3. Priscilla, married Mr. Slauson. 4. Mary, married a Mr. Jackson. 5. Jonathan. 6. George. 7. Daniel.
(II) George (2), sixth child of George (1) Abbott, the immigrant, was born in Norwalk, Connecticut, in 1669. His wife's baptismal name was Hannah -----------; children: 1. George. 2. Ebenezer. 3. Jemima. 4. Benjamin, settled in Woodbury, Connecticut. 5. Samuel. 6. Hannah, married William Pearson. 7. Rebecca. 8. Israel, settled in Middletown, Connecticut. 9. Elizabeth. 10. Dorcas, who became Mrs. Beebe. 11. Daniel.
(III) Ebenezer, second child of George (2) and Hannah Abbott, was born in Norwalk, November 3, 1730. He married Ann Lyon; children: 1. Abigail, born September 13, 1731. 2. Ruth, June 2, 1733. 3. Abijah , September 11, 1735. 4. Lois, September 11, 1737. 5. Seth. 6. Ebenezer, November 28, 1741.
(IV) Seth, fifth child of Ebenezer and Ann (Lyon) Abbott, was born in Norwalk, December 23, 1739. He settled in Cornwall, Litchfield County, Connecticut, entered the Continental Army for service in the Revolutionary War and was commissioned lieutenant. The records examined fail to mention the maiden name of his wife. His children were: 1. Seeley, married in 1760, Ann Jones. 2. Nathan, married Mary Dailey, in 1757. 3. Abel, married Hannah Dibble in 1757. 4. Solomon. 5. Seth. 6. Daniel who re-
mained in Cornwall until 1787. (The name of his wife is unknown, but his son Daniel was baptized in Cornwall in the latter year). 7. Sarah, a daughter.
(V) Seth (2), fifth child of Seth (1) Abbott, was born in Cornwall, Connecticut, June 16, 1770. In 791 he was a resident of New Lebanon, New York, whence he removed to Addison, Vermont, but in 1806 he returned to New York State and settled in Hopkinton, St. Lawrence County. He first built a log house near the brook, but, finding that it stood upon land belonging to Ashabel Squires, he abandoned it and erected a frame house upon a knoll some eighty rods to the west. Here he resided for many years. Although a severe lameness necessitated the use of two canes in getting about, he was nevertheless a very industrious man, attending to his farm work and doing the shoemaking for his entire family, which was a very large one. He finally sold his farm to Reuben Weeks, moving to the Olin neighborhood in Canton, and some eight years later went to reside with his daughter, Mrs. Lucetta Peck, in Nicholville, New York. He married Sally Beebe, of Danbury, Connecticut, born May 10, 1769, died March 18, 1812, and for his second wife he married Elizabeth Webster, born March 12, 1784, died June 16, 1850. Seth Abbott was the father of seventeen Children. Those of his first wife were: 1. Jonathan B. 2. Samuel B., born January 19, 1792, died July 6, 1878; married Hadassah Post. 3. Hannah S., January 10, 1794, died March 12, 1855; married a Mr. Powers, September 26, 1811; had ten children. 4. Seth, June 10, 1798, died November 7, 1877; married Emily Cleveland, no issue. 5. Rhoena H., September 13, 1800, died June 6, 1825, at Fort Jackson; married Eben Wright, who died in Michigan; she had two children. 6. Philo, January, 1803; died in infancy. 7. Sally, July 12, 1807, died May 26, 1848; married Luther Humphrey; had two children. 8. Lucetta, June 9, 1809, died September 29, 1813. 9. An infant, July, 1811, died next day. 10. An infant, March, 1812, died in a few hours. The mother's death occurred soon after, and she was buried with the babe in her arms. The children of Seth Abbott's second marriage were: 11. Lucetta, February 3, 1814, died April 14, 1903; married Alphonzo R. Peck. Mrs. Peck adopted the son of her sister, Mrs. Humphrey, and he was named Frank M. Peck. 12. Philo, March 22, 1815, died January 10, 1897, in Greeley, California; married Adaline Chandler, and had twelve children. 13, Annie W., September 26, 1816, died young. 14. Elizabeth, September 8, 1817, died young. 15. An infant, who died young. 16. Webster, November 16, 1821, died December 31, 1878, in Vancouver, Washington; married Mary L. Coffey, in San Francisco; had eight children. 17, Elizabeth, February 17, 1824, died May 19, 1896, at Oshkosh, Wisconsin; married James Olin, of Canton; had two children.
(VI) Jonathan B., eldest child of Seth (2) and Sally (Beebe) Abbott, was born July 10, 1789. He married Duraxa Russell, who was born in 1794; children: 1. Emory W., see forward. 2. Carolina M., born September 27, died November 17, 1898. She married Charles V. Haile, Jonathan B. Abbott died in Hopkinton, March 31, 1825, and his widow married for her second husband Stephen Eastman. She died in Edwards, New York, April 20, 1885, aged ninety years.
(VII) Emory W., eldest child and only son of Jonathan B. and Duraxa (Russell) Abbott, was born July 26, 1819, in Hopkinton, and was only five years old when his father died. His mother married (second) Stephen Eastman and he moved with her and his stepfather to Edwards, New York, when thirteen years of age. In 1837 he moved to Little York, six miles above Gouverneur, where he was employed as clerk in the store of Justus Pickit on a contract for four years, receiving $50 per year, his
board, washing and mending. He succeeded Mr. Pickit, who died in 1842, as proprietor of the store, and later purchased a farm of ninety acres in Little York. He moved to Gouverneur about 1875, when he purchased a home on Gordon Street in that city. He was very well read, both in law and in the classics; served twenty years as justice of the peace, and was a member of the state assembly in 1856-57. In October, 1839, he married Hannah S., born March 20, 1819, died September 2, 1878, daughter of Justus Pickit. Children: 1. Henry, born in Fowler, July, 1840; settled in Gouverneur; married Harriet E. Phelps, February 11, 1862, and has three children. 2. Justus Brayton, see forward. 3. Vasco P., born in Fowler, May 20, 1847; became a very successful lawyer, residing in Gouverneur; from 1880 to 1893 was surrogate of St. Lawrence County. December 21, 1872, he married Anna E. Farmer and had five children, all of whom are dead with exception of one son, Hugh, now residing with his father in Gouverneur and unmarried.
(VIII) Justus Brayton, second son of Emory W. and Hannah (Pickit) Abbott, was born October 23, 1842, in Fowler, New York, and was educated at Gouverneur Seminary and Eastman's Business College at Rochester, New York. Early in life he went to Fergus Falls, Minnesota, and opened a general store there, and also at St. cloud, same state, in partnership with his cousin, Justus Pickit. Returning to Gouverneur, in partnership with his father and brother, he engaged in the manufacture of woolen goods at Hillsboro, New York, also making up the goods into clothing, chiefly trousers, the mills being known as the Abbott Woolen Mills. In 1880 he removed to Spragueville, New York, where he conducted a general store under the firm name of Sprague & Abbott, and continued business there nine years. At the end of that period Mr. Abbott removed to Gouverneur, where he engaged in the grocery business for two years. He was appointed postmaster at Gouverneur by President McKinley in 1900, and continued in that position until the spring of 1909, since which time he has been retired from active business, except that he manages extensive real estate interests, chiefly in farms owned by himself and other members of the family, the property lying in St. Lawrence and Jefferson Counties. He is a member of the Presbyterian Church, of the Masonic fraternity and the Temple Club, and is a consistent Republican in politics. He married, at Spragueville, May 5, 1864, Frances A. Wight, born October 30, 1841, in Fowler, New York, only daughter of Abner and Clarissa (Shumway) Wight, of Fowler (see Wight VII). Children: 1. Sherman Abner, born March 8, 1865, in Fowler, is connected with the lumber business in Salt Lake City. He married Mary Robb, of Rossie, New York, and they have three children, Hazel, Ruth and Robert. 2. Lester Henry, born November 11, 1868, at St. cloud, Minnesota; resides in Gouverneur, where he was for nine years employed in the postoffice, and is now in the service of Borden's Condensed Milk Company; he married, February 14, 1895, Jennie Fitzgerald, and has three children, Harry, Ross and Hope. 3. Wight Vasco, mentioned below.
(IX) Wight Vasco, youngest child of Justus B. and Frances A. (Wight) Abbott, was born June 15, 1877, in Gouverneur, where he attended public school, graduating from the high school in 1896. He subsequently entered St. Lawrence University, from which he was graduated in 1900, and immediately entered the New York Law School, receiving the degree of LL. B. in 1902. In the same year he was admitted to the bar, but has not engaged extensively in practice. In 1904 he engaged in the surety business with the Lawyers' Surety Company of New York, and later was employed bet the American Bonding Company of Baltimore, as manager of the judicial department of its New York branch. For some
time he was employed as a solicitor in the field, and in 1907 became manager of the New York branch of the Illinois Surety Company, in association with D. C. Mackey, in which they have established a very successful business. Mr. Abbott was a member in college of the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity, and is a member of the Republican Club of New York City, and the Hamilton Grange Tennis Club. He resides in Manhattan, is a member of the Presbyterian Church, and an earnest supporter of the Republican Party, in politics. He married, January 28, 1905, Florence May Keene, born May 17, 1888, in Gouverneur, daughter of Colonel Hiram B. and Frances (Williams) Keene, of that city. Children: 1. Hiram Keene. 2. Frances Elizabeth Abbott.
(The Wight Line).
Up to the present time no definite information concerning the English forbears of the Wights has been brought to light. The family mentioned below is descended from Thomas Wight, who undoubtedly came from England, but nothing is known of him prior to his appearance in New England.
(I) Thomas Wight was at Watertown, Massachusetts, in 1635-36, and in July, 1637, was admitted an inhabitant of Dedham, Massachusetts, receiving a grant of twelve acres of land for a homestead, and subsequently acquiring more real estate. With his wife Alice he united with the church, July 6, 1640, and he was admitted a freeman October 8 of that year. From 1640 to 1650 his name frequently appeared in the town records in connection with public affairs, and in addition to serving as a selectman for six years, from 1641, he served on several important committees. He was one of the first to advocate the necessity of free educational facilities, signified his willingness to be taxed for that purpose, and it was mainly through his influence that a free public school was established in Dedham. In 1649 he became actively interested in a project for dividing the town, which resulted in the setting off of the town of Medfield, and in 1650 was chosen chairman of the a committee of five whose duty it was to supervise the surveying of house lots. Having removed to Medfield, his name does not appear in the Dedham records after 1650, and his ability and usefulness were thenceforward devoted to the interests of the new town. In 1652 he was the wealthiest resident in Medfield. For nineteen years he served the town as a selectman, and in 1667 he became a deacon of the church. His will was made in 1672 and his death occurred in 1674. The Christian name of his first wife, who accompanied him from England, was Alice, but her maiden surname is unknown. She died July 15, 1665, and on December 7, of that year Thomas Wight married for his second wife Mrs. Lydia Penniman, widow of James Penniman, of Boston, and a sister of John Eliot, the apostle to the Indians. She was a daughter of Bennett Eliot, and was probably baptized at Nasing, England, July 1, 1610. She died in Medfield, prior to July 27, 1676, as her will was probated on that date. The children of Thomas and Alive were: 1. Henry. 2. John. 3. Mary, (who were probably born in England), 4. Samuel. 5. Ephraim. (N. B.--The earliest mention of the name of Wight in the vital records of Dedham occurs in 1639 as follows: "Samuel, the son of Thomas and Alice Wight, was born the 5 of the 12 month."
(II) Ephraim, youngest child of Thomas and Alice Wight, was born in Dedham, January 27, 1645, and was baptized February 8, of that year. He was made a freeman October 8, 1672, was appointed executor of his father's will, and having inherited the family homestead on Green Street, he resided there until his death, which occurred February 26, 1722-23. In addition to his Medfield estate he owned property in what is now Medway. An item in the early records of Medfield states that the contributed two bushels of Indian corn toward building
"the new brick college at Cambridge" (Harvard). In 1697 he and his wife were listed among the member of the First Church in Medfield. He was married in that town March 2, 1668, to Lydia Morse, who was baptized in Dedham, April 13, 1643, died July 14, 1722. Their children, all born in Medfield, were: 1. Lydia, March 14, 1669. 2. Esther, January 13, 1670. 3. Ephraim, January 25, 1672. 4,. Miriam, August 22, 1675. 5. Nathaniel, September 12, 1678. 6. Daniel, November 19, 1680. 7. Bethia, March 8, 1683. 8. Deborah, December 1, 1685. 9. Ruth, July 20, 1688.
(III) Nathaniel, third son and fifth child of Ephraim and Lydia (Morse) Wight, was born in Medfield, September 12, 1678. He was married in 1704 to Sarah Ellis, born March 7, 1687, daughter of John and Mary (Herring) Ellis, of Medfield. She died without issue October 30, 1705, and on December 30, 1706, Nathaniel Wight married for his second wife, "Mehetable" Hinsdale, born in 1681. She was a granddaughter of Robert Hinsdale, who served in King Philip's War and was killed at Bloody Brook in 1675. Nathaniel Wight was one of the founders of the town of Medway, which was set off from Medfield, in 1713, and his residence was located on the old Mendon Road not far from the Charles River. He served as a selectman for the year 1715-17, and continued to reside there until about the year 1721. Having in the latter year purchased land in Thompson, Connecticut, then a parish of Killingly, he removed thither, and, when Thompson Parish was organized (1728) he was one of the sixteen residents who were eligible to own pews in the meeting house. He subsequently disposed of his property in Medfield, making his last sale of real estate there in 1743. Nathaniel Wight and his second wife both died prior to 1768. Their children were: 1. Mehetable, born October 4, 1707. 2. Eliaphlet, April 16, 1711. 3. Levi, October 24, 1712. 4. John, (all born in Medfield). 5. Israel, May 31, 1716. 6. Sarah, August 29, 1719. 7. Deborah, September 8, 1720. The latter three were born in Medway.
(IV) Levi, second son and third child of Nathaniel and "Mehetable" (Hinsdale) Wight, was born in Medfield, October 24, 1712, died in Oxford, Massachusetts, in 1797. His name frequently occurs in the records of land transactions in Killingly, and in 1755 he sold his residence there to Jacob Wightman. He removed to Oxford, Massachusetts, probably before 1785. He was married In Killingly, December 1, 1742, to Susannah Barstow, who died in Oxford, June 29, 1787. Children: 1. Uzziel, born September 23, 1743, died young. 2. Uzziel, November 6, 1745, died in November, 1762. 3. Olive, July 9, 1748. 4. Huldah, November 16, 1750. 5. John. 6. Lydia, October 25, 1754. (These births were recorded in Killingly town records). 7. Abigail, January 30, 1757. 8. Levi, March 24, 1759, died in infancy. 9. Levi, born in Thompson, July 3, 1761. 10. Caleb, September 14, 1763.
(V) John, third son and fifth child of Levi and Susannah (Barstow) Wight, was born in Killingly, November 2, 1752. He accompanied the family to Oxford and resided there until 1794, in which year he removed with two of his brothers to Fairfield, Herkimer County, New York, where he died about 1808. He married Betsey Robinson, and she became nine children, six of whom were born in Oxford, and the others were born in Fairfield: 1. Uzziel, born March 22, 1781. 2. Abner, July 13, 1785. 3. Reuben, May 16, 1788. 4. Abigail, October 2, 1791. 5. Betsey, born September 18, 1793. (The next three were born in Fairfield, New York). 6. John, January 17, 1796. 7. Alvin, July 24, 1799. 8. Harvey, April 11, 1805. This family removed to Fowler, St. Lawrence County, New York, between the years 1820 and 1823, and Mrs. Betsey Wight died in that town, August 1, 1858, at the advanced age of ninety-three years, having survived her husband half a century.
(VI) Abner, second child of John and Betsey (Robinson) Wight, was born in Ox-
ford, April 11, 1783. He was a carpenter by trade, and also tilled the soil. He resided in Oppenheim, New York, until about 1823, when he removed to Fowler, and resided there for the remainder of his life. In his religion belief he was a Universalist. His death occurred May 23, 1836. He married Polly Hooper, born in Connecticut, in 1770, died in Fowler in 1857. Their children, all born in Oppenheim, were: 1. Mehetable, born December 2, 1803. 2. Alexander, February 22, 1806. 3. Amanda, April 15, 1808. 4. Betsey, September 2, 1810. 5. Abner. 6. Sally, February 14, 1816. 7. John, October 7, 1818. 8. Aurilla, September 22, 1821.
(VII) Abner (2), second son and fifth child of Abner (1) and Polly (Hooper) Wight, was born in Oppenheim, December 2, 1813. The greater portion of his life was spent in Fowler, where he cultivated a farm, and for several years he taught s singing school in that town. He died at the home of his daughter Frances in October, 1888. On June 22, 1836, he married Clarissa Shumway, born January 6, 1814, daughter of Joel and Jemima (Taintor) Shumway. Children: 1. Francis A. 2. Charles Lester, born August 3, 1846. 3. Roselle Eugene, June 28, 1848. Mrs. Abner Wight died about the year 1880 in the town of Fowler.
(VIII) Frances A., only daughter of Abner (2) and Clarissa (Shumway) Wight, was born in Fowler, October 30, 1841. On May 5, 1864, she married Justus Brayton Abbott. (See Abbott, VIII).
Lewis Historical Publishing Company, Inc., 1910
This book is owned by Pam Rietsch and is a part of the Mardos Memorial Library
Transcribed by Holice B. Young
HTML by Debbie Axtman
You are the [an error occurred while processing this directive] Visitor to this USGenNet Safe-Site™ Since September 5, 2004.