Genealogical & Family History of Northern, NY
Pages 436-443

William Richard Cutter, A. M.
Editorial Supervisor

Online Edition by Holice, Deb & Pam


Page 436

JAMES. The James family is not only one of the most prominent family is especially noted for its long and honorable connection with the legal profession. Descended from an early New England colonist of superior intelligence, it has reached the ninth generation in American, and its representatives have left the imprint of their genius upon the records of their day.

(I) Thomas James, native of Wales, said to have been both a clergyman and physician, arrived at Salem, Massachusetts, in 1634, and in the same year joined Roger Williams in the settlement of Providence, Rhode Island. He was a staunch friend of Williams and a good servant in the cause of humanity. He was one of the twelve persons to whom roger Williams, on the 13th day of October, 1638, deeded the land that he has bought of the Indian chiefs Canonicus and Miantinomak, comprising the greater part of the state of Rhode Island. He was one of the twelve original members of the First Baptist Church, providence, founded in 1638, and in a letter written by Roger Williams, 1640, is mentioned as having returned from England with a full cargo of goods, which were saved, though the vessel was wrecked off Rhode Island. March 20, 1640, he sold to William Field "my dwelling house and all my housing in Providence, as also my field, garden, meadow, etc., and land at Sasafrax Hill, land on Moskasserck River and all other rights in Providence for the sum of sixty pounds." He had a son William and perhaps two others, John and Joseph.

(II) Captain William, son of Thomas James, was, according to information at hand, born 1653, but there is in the early Rhode Islands records some evidence to show that his birth might have occurred at an earlier date, as the William James who was of Portsmouth in 1655, is mentioned in "Savage's Genealogical Dictionary" as probably the son of Thomas of Providence. "Austin's Genealogical Dictionary of Rhode Island" states that William James was married in 1677 to Susanna Martin.

(III) Benjamin, son of Captain William James, married Patience Cottrel, a descendant of Nicholas Cottrell, August 27, 1737.

(IV) Amos, son of Benjamin James, married October 1, 1758, Nancy Swan.

(V) Amos (2), son of Amos (1) James, went from Rhode Island to New York State shortly after the Revolutionary War, and settled in Stephentown, Rensselaer County, where he practiced law for the remainder of his life. he married Polly, or Mary, daughter of Uriah Lee, of Thompson, Wyndham County, Connecticut.

(VI) Samuel B., son of Amos (2) James, was born in Stephentown, June, 1788, died February 18, 1864. He entered the legal profession and was one of the most prominent lawyers in Rensselaer County during the first half of the last century. His first wife was Anna Bailey, married at Nassau, New York, September, 1881.

(VII) Judge Amaziah Bailey, son of Samuel B. James, was born in Stephentown, July 1, 1812. Having thoroughly digested Blackstone, coke and other legal classics, he was admitted to the bar, and settling in Ogdensburg he rapidly developed as a practitioner those eminent professional qualities which foreshadowed his future distinction as a jurist, and his career at the bar was unusually brilliant. In due time he ascended the bench of the supreme court, from which he was subsequently elevated to the court of appeals, and after devoting twenty-three years to the service of the state in the capacity of a judge, he resigned that eminent position in order to enter the national house of representatives. Judge James died at Ogdensburg, New York, July 6, 1883. He married, December 8, 1836, Lucia Williams, born April 5, 1819, daughter of Christopher and Julia (Caulkins) Ripley.

Her immigrant ancestor, from whom she was of the eighth generation in descent, was William Ripley, who with his wife, two sons and two daughters, came from Hinghan, Norfolk County, England, and settled in Hingham, Massachusetts, where he was admitted a freeman in 1642.

Page 437

John, son of William Ripley, was born in England, and was admitted a freeman at Hingham, Massachusetts, 1656. He married Elizabeth, daughter of Rev. Peter Hobart, first pastor of the church in Hingham.

Joshua, son of John Ripley, was born in Hingham, May 9, 1658. He married Hannah Bradford, of that town and settled in Windsor, Connecticut. Hannah Bradford was the daughter of Governor William Bradford, of the Plymouth Colony, and granddaughter of Governor William Bradford, who came over in the "Mayflower."

Joshua (2), son of Joshua (1) Ripley, was born in Hingham, May 13, 1688. He married Mary Backus, of Windham.

Joshua (3), son of Joshua (2) Ripley, was born in Windham, October 30, 1726. He married Elizabeth Lathrop, of that town.

Ralph, son of Joshua (3) Ripley, was born October 25, 1751. He married Eunice, daughter of Major Hezekiah Huntington (5). She was a descendant of Simon Huntington (1), through Simon (2), Joseph (3) and David (4). Major Hezekiah Huntington served in the Revolutionary War and also won distinction for having been the first in America to manufacture muskets.

James Wolfe, son of Ralph and Eunice (Huntington) Ripley, served as an officer in the War of 1812-15; attained the rank of major-general in the United States Army; was for some time superintendent of the United States arsenal at Springfield, Massachusetts, and was appointed chief of the ordnance department by President Lincoln in 1862.

Christopher, son of Ralph Ripley, was born December 12, 1781, died September 17, 1851. He married, May 4, 1818, Julia Caulkins, of Berkshire, Ohio. Children: 1. Lucia Williams, previously referred to as wife of Judge Amaziah B. James. 2. Roswell Sabin, born March 14, 1823; served as major-general in the Confederate Army during the Civil War, and was the author of a history of the Mexican War. 3. Laura, married Charles Shepard, of Ogdensburg.

(VIII) Colonel Edward Christopher, son of Judge Amaziah B. James, was born in Ogdensburg, May 1, 1841. He pursued his early studies in the public schools and at the Ogdensburg academy, and attended Dr. Reed's Walnut Hill School at Geneva, New York, where he was prepared for college. His desire for a classical education, however, gave way to his patriotism at the breaking out of the Civil War, and he accordingly entered the service as adjutant of the Fiftieth Regiment, New York Volunteers, with the rank of lieutenant. During the Peninsular Campaign of the Army of the Potomac in 1862, he acted as assistant adjutant-general of the engineer brigade and as aide-de-camp to General Woodbury; was later appointed major of the Sixtieth New York Infantry, and finally became colonel of the One Hundred and Sixth New York Infantry, serving as such in the Virginia campaign during the autumn of 1862 and spring of 1863. When scarcely twenty-two years of age he was frequently in command of a brigade, and on one occasion, while commanding a brigade of two regiments, he displayed his courage and ability by rapidly planning and executing an important strategic movement which prevented the enemy from capturing his entire command. On account of physical disability incurred in the army he was compelled to resign his commission in the spring of 1863, and, turning his attention to the study of law at Ogdensburg, he was in an unusually short space of time admitted to the bar. In 1864 he became associated with Stillman Foote, surrogate of St. Lawrence County, under the firm name of Foote & James, and during the succeeding ten years this concern transacted a large general law business. For a period of seven years from 1874 he practiced alone, acquiring the ex-

Page 438

perience which formed the basis of his future professional achievements. In 1881 he admitted to partnership his student, Alrie R. Herriman, now surrogate of St. Lawrence County, and , leaving the latter in charge of the Ogdensburg office, he removed to New York City, where a much wider field of professional activity was open to him. Colonel James entered the legal profession wit the firm belief that success depended largely, if not wholly, upon his own resources. Though free from egotism, he was decidedly self-confident, and knew that in the pursuit of professional advancement it was necessary to accept heavy responsibilities. He regarded his army training as being in many respects a good substitute for a college education, and he was accustomed to answer when asked what college he attended, that he was graduated from the University of the Army of the Potomac, and that he know of none better for the purpose of making men.

His removal to the metropolis marked the commencement of a series of brilliant professional victories which caused him to be recognized as one of the fore most leaders of the New York bar, and this enviable position he looked upon as a sacred trust, not to be used wholly for the gratification of personal ambition. The following extract relative to his career before the higher courts is taken from the Albany Law Journal: "At first he was practically unknown in the city of New York, but by his tireless industry and his great ability he rose steadily until soon he was known to the courts and to his fellow-lawyers as one of the most active and successful men at the trial bar. His reputation and his success increased rapidly, until some time before his death he had reached the eminent position of the widely acknowledged leader of the trial bar. His fame was not confined to New York City or to New York state along, but extended throughout all the land, until he was known as well in the west and in the south as in the immediate vicinity of his active labors. He was essentially an 'all-round lawyer', and his range in the trial of cases was most extensive. Criminal trials, equity cases involving highly complicated questions in the law of trusts, will contests in the surrogate's court or before a jury, actions to recover for personal injuries, patent cases, cases of every kind and description, were tried by him with equal facility and success. His arguments before the court upon appeal were as notable as his addresses to juries in the courts below. It is difficult to say in which branch of court work he was most successful. He was eminent alike in the trials before the court at special term, in jury trials, and in all branches of work in the appellate court. He was a master of all the many kinds of legal work which fall to the lot of the active practitioner". After practicing alone in New York City for some years, Colonel James established the firm of James, Schell & Eklus, with which he was identified for the remainder of his life. It is impossible in an article of this character to enumerate or describe even a few of his many important cases. It may be stated, as a matter of fact, however, that he seldom lost a case, generally winning on appeal when a decision went against him in the lower court. as counsel for the plaintiff in a civil action brought against a newspaper, he obtained a verdict for forty thousand dollars, the largest amount ever awarded ina libel case, and as counsel for the Manhattan Elevated Railway Company he successfully defended that corporation in many suits for damages brought by abutting property owners. Probably his most famous criminal cases were those brought against Captain William S. Devery, former chief of police, and Inspector McLaughlin, in each of which he secured a verdict of acquittal. He belonged to that fast disappearing race of lawyers whose chief delight was to spend the greater portion of their time in court, and, as many of his cases were brought to him by professional associates, he was known among then as a "lawyer's

Page 439

lawyer". His last great case, Dittmar vs. Gould, was decided in his favor after his death. His printed briefs on appeal cases alone consist of over sixty large volumes. His marvelous capacity for industry continued unabated until the last, and shortly before leaving New York for Florida, from whence he did not return alive, he stated to a friend that if he could not continue to work as he had done he preferred to die. This preference was realized, as his death occurred at Palm Beach, March 24, 1901, and was directly the result of over work. He was not only noted for his indomitable courage, eminent legal ability and loyalty to his clients, but also for his amiable disposition, civility and kindness to all, irrespective of wealth or position, and none knew better than he how to appreciate a good joke. Special memorial proceedings, elaborated somewhat to suit the extraordinary occasion, occurred in the various courts and at a meeting of the Bar Association, and were ordered to be preserved in the records of these bodies, and these have been of use to the present writer.

Colonel James married, November 16, 1864, Sarah Welles Perkins, daughter of Edward H. Perkins, of Athens, Pennsylvania. Children: 1. Lucia, born September 9, 1866. 2. Sarah Welles, born November 27, 1869; married, December 31, 1896, Paulding Farnham, Great Neck, Long Island.

(IX) Lucia, daughter of Colonel Edward C. James, was born in Ogdensburg, September 9, 1866. She married, September 6, 1893, Grant C. Madill, M. D., son of Nelson Madill, and grandson of Abel Madill.

(The Madill Line).

(i) Abel Madill, native of Ireland, came to America when a young man, going first to Washington county, New York, and later becoming one of the early settlers in Lisbon, this state. He was a prosperous farmer. He married Eleanor Silliman, also a native of Ireland. Children: 1. Martha. 2. Jane. 3. Agnes. 4. Isabella. 5. Thomas A. 6. Letitia. 7. Benjamin. 8. Elizabeth. 9. Nelson. 10. Charles. 11. Cornelia. All were born in Lisbon, except Martha.

(II) Nelson, son of Abel Madill, was born in Lisbon, in 1830. He attended the pubic schools, and assisted his father in farming until he was nineteen years old, when he established himself in the saw and grist-mill business. His property having been destroyed by fire, he went to California in 1857 and engaged in the lumbering business. Returning to Lisbon in 1865, he devoted the succeeding twenty years to agricultural pursuits, and is now living there in retirement. In the memorable political campaign of 1856 he supported John C. Fremont for the presidency, and has ever since acted with the Republican Party. He attends the Presbyterian Church. In 1862 he married Louisa, daughter of Frederick and Mary (Hines) Menking, of New York City. Children: 1. Grant C. 2. Nellie, wife of Walter Robinson, of Lisbon. 3. Minnie, residing with parents.

(III) Grant C., son of nelson Madill, was born in Stockton, California, July 6, 1864. His early education was acquired in the Ogdensburg public schools and the Potsdam Norman School, and his medical studies were pursued at Bellevue College, from which he was graduated in 1886. Locating for practice in Ogdensburg, Dr. Madill advanced rapidly in his profession, giving his attention to surgery and obtaining recognition a one of the most skillful practitioners in Northern New York. He is regarded as an unusually able surgeon, and at the percent time is in charge of the surgical department of the Ogdensburg City Hospital. Dr. and Mrs. Madill have two children: 1. Sarah Perkins, born June 18, 1894. 2. Edward James, July 16, 1896.


JAMES. (VIII) Henry Ripley James, son of Amaziah B. (q.v.) and Lucia W. (Ripley) James, was born February 3, 1839, in Ogdensburg, and came to be one of the most prominent, useful and successful citizens of the town.

Page 440

He was possessed of a very active intellect and completed his education at the age of sixteen years, when he graduated from the Ogdensburg Academy. About that time, with two others, he started the Boy's Journal, of which the first copy was issued August 26, 1854. He developed much talent for journalistic work, as well as great business ability, and in 1856 the Boy's Journal was changed to the Daily Journal. In 1858 the owners of the Journal purchased the Saint Lawrence Republican, and issued it in connection with the Journal. Within a year thereafter Mr. James became the sole owner, and editor of both papers, and continued the publication up to 1874, when his interest was sold to other persons. In addition to his newspaper work, Mr. James became interested extensively in various industries, and also dealt in stocks. He built and operated with success a paper mill at Waddington. The multitude of his interests consumed so much of his time and energy as to materially shorten his life. He took a great interest in politics and was an active force in manipulating the policy of his party, the Republican, and might have had almost any office which he desired, but as he steadily refused to be a candidate, but as a leader in political movement, he was unexcelled. He took much interest in St. John's Episcopal Church and gave liberally of his time, talents and means to further its prosperity, as in fact he did to every movement calculated to promote the general welfare of the community. In the midst of a busy career, Mr. James' life ended January 31, 1882, at Ogdensburg, after an illness of less then twenty-four hours. He married, November 27, 1861, Harriet Jane, fourth daughter of Egbert N. and Julia E. (Strong) Fairchild (see Fairchild VI), born September 30, 1839. Children: 1. Henry F., born September 23, 1863, died January 8, 1896; was one of the organizers of the George Hall Coal Company of Ogdensburg, with which he was identified at the time of his death. He married (first) May 11, 1887, Annie Ford Arnold, of Ogdensburg, who died May 7, 1891, leaving two daughters, Elizabeth Arnold and Bertha Ripley; married (second) Elfreda True, of New York City. 2. Annie Bailey, married October 3, 1888, Governor Edward Curtis Smith, of Saint Albans, Vermont. Children: James Gregory, Edward Fairchild, Curtis Ripley and Annie Dorothea Bradford. 3. Harriet Bertha, married, September 9, 1891, Isaac P. Wiser, son of J. P. Wiser, M. P., of Prescott, Ontario, and has sons: Henry James, John Philip and Paul Fairchild.

(The Fairchild Line).

The name of Fairchild is of ancient origin and is said to have come from Scotland into England, having in the Scotch the equivalent of its present English form, Fairbairn. It has been thoroughly identified with the development of the New England colonies, and of the newer states throughout this territory, and has been borne by many good citizens, including a governor of Wisconsin, and others conspicuous in the professions and n various walks of life throughout the country.

(I) Thomas Fairchild probably arrived at Stratford, Connecticut, as early as 1638, with his brother-in-law, Thomas Sherwood, and was a prominent citizen of the town and colony. He was elected deputy to the general court in 1654 and again after 1664. He was four times nominated for assistant governor and served on various committees in the interest of the community. He had a home lot in 1664, on what is now Elm Street, Bridgeport, and was a merchant. He married (first), in England, a daughter of Robert Seabrook, and (second) Katharine Craig of London, England. There is a record showing that he executed a bond before the second marriage, providing that the bride should have to hundred dollars out of his estate. The inventory of his estate amounted to three hundred and fifty pounds. He died December 14, 1670,

Page 441

and his widow married (second) November 8, 1675, Jeremiah Judson, and died in May, 1706. Children: 1. Samuel, mentioned below. 2. Sarah, born February 19, 1642. 3. John, died young. 4. Thomas, February 21, 1645. 5. Dinah, July 14, 1648. 6. Zachariah, December 14, 1651. 7. Emma, October, 1653. 8. Joseph, April 18, 1664. 9. John, June 8, 1666. 9. Priscilla, April 10, 1669.

(II) Samuel, eldest child of Thomas and Katharine (Craig) Fairchild, was born August 31, 1640, probably, the first white child born in Stratford, and died about 1704, in that town. He married, about 1680, Mary, born September 13, 1655, daughter of Moses and Mary (Hawley) Wheeler. She married (second) December 1, 1705, Benjamin Beach. Children: 1. Robert, born 1681. 2. Samuel, 1683. 3. Edward, mentioned below. 4. Jonathan.

(III) Edward, third son of Samuel and Mary (Wheeler) Fairchild, was born about 1685 in Stratford, where he passed his life, and married, January 25, 1711, Elizabeth, born February 10, 1688, youngest daughter of Ebenezer and Patience (Wilcoxson) Blakeman. Children: 1. Mary, born April 6, 1713. 2. Jonathan, August 2, 1715. 3. Thomas, September 19, 1720. 4. Moses, mentioned below. 5. Betee, July 19, 1726.

(IV) Moses, third son of Edward and Patience (Blakeman) Fairchild, was born October 1, 1721, in Stratford, and was an early resident of Sheffield, Massachusetts, where he probably engaged in agriculture. The records of Sheffield show marriage December 2, 1745, to Susanna Bozwooth. Children: 1. Sarah, born May 5, 1747. 2. Zechariah, mentioned below. 3. Mary, April 1, 1751. 4. Ellis, October 20, 1753. 5. Moses, December 1, 1756. 6. Aaron, August 11, 1759. 7. Daniel, May 4, 1762. 8. John, March 4, 1765. 9. David, December 20, 1767.

(V) Zechariah, eldest son of Moses and Susanna (Boxwooth) Fairchild, was born November 4, 1748, in Sheffield. He was a soldier in the Revolution, responded to the Lexington alarm, and marched April 21, 1775, as a private in Captain William Bacon's company, Colonel Fellows' regiment, serving seventeen days to May 7. His name appears also on the return of the same company and regiment, dated at Dorchester, Massachusetts, October 6, 1775, and again in a company commanded by the same captain in Colonel Porter's regiment. The company's receipt, dated Sheffield, March 24, 1777, being for wages and other items. He enlisted September 21, 1777, and was a sergeant in a company of Matrosses, commanded by Lieutenant Paul Deney, in the John Fellow's (Berkshire) brigade, to serve under the management of General Gates in the northern department, and was discharged October 19, 1777. Soon after the war he settled on the Sekonk River, in the northwestern portion of the town of Great Barrington, probably in what is now Alford, where he engaged in farming. He married Hannah Pope, and their children were: 1. Frances. 2. Mina. 3. Egbert N. 4. Edwin. The eldest born March 27, 1797, was married January 11, 1821, to William Cullen Bryant, of Great Barrington.

(VI) Egbert Nelson, eldest son of Zechariah and Hannah (Pope) Fairchild, was born January 12, 1802, in Great Barrington, died New York City, January 11, 1861, lacking one day of sixty-two years of age. He became a contractor in a large way and resided for some time at Rochester, New York, whence he removed to Ogdensburg, and there became interested in the St. Lawrence County Bank. Later he built the Croton Water reservoir in Central Park, New York City. He married, June 5, 1827, Julia Elizabeth Strong, born July 2, 1809, in Catskill, New York, died June 19, 1868, in Ogdensburg. Children: 1. Mary Strong, born March 5, 1828, married (first) Dr. Samuel Blodgett, of Malone, New York, and (second) Samuel T. Steele, of Geneseo, Illinois. 2. William Bryant, November 1, 1829. 3. Emily Frances, October 16, 1831; married Clarence Ashley. 4. Egbert Henry, September 4, 1833. 5. Julia Elizabeth, August 30, 1835; married Horace A. Schreiner, a broker in New York. 6. Harriet Jane, September 30, 1830, married, November 27, 1861, Henry Ripley James, of Ogdensburg, (See James VIII). 7. Sarah Mina, November 1, 1841, married Archibald Somerville Van Duzer, a lawyer of New York City. 8. Anna Rebecca, May 20, 1847.

Page 442

(The Strong Line).

(II) John (2) Strong, eldest child of Elder John (1) Strong (q.v.), was born 1626, in England, and died February 20, 1698, in Windsor, Connecticut. He was a tanner, residing at Windsor, and a man of importance in the community. He married (first) November 26, 1656, Mary, baptized September 30, 1638, died April 28, 1663, daughter of Joseph and Frances Clark, of Windsor. (Joseph Clark, father of Mary, died early, and his widow became the wife of Thomas Dewey, of Westfield, Massachusetts, from whom sprang many descendants). John (2 Strong married (second) in 1664, Elizabeth Warriner, who died June 7, 1684. There were two children of the first marriage: 1. Mary, 2. Hannah. Those of the second were: 3. John. 4. Jacob. 5. Josiah. 6. Elizabeth.

(III) John (3), eldest son of John (2) and Elizabeth (Warriner) Strong, was born on Christmas day, 1665, in Windsor, Connecticut, where he passed his life and died May 29, 1749. He married, November 26, 1686, Hannah, daughter of Deacon John Trumbull, of Suffield, Connecticut. children: 1. Mary. 2. Esther. 3. Abigail. 4. Deacon David. 5. John W. 6. Elizabeth.

(IV) John Warham, fourth son of John (3) and Hannah (Trumbull) Strong, was born September 30, 1706, in Windsor, and died September 25, 1752. He married (first) November 30, 1727, Abigail, born May 13, 1708, daughter of Captain Timothy and Sarah (Allen) Thrall, of Windsor; she died within seven years after the marriage, leaving three children. He married (second) March 27, 1734, Azubah, born August 2, 1710, daughter of Benjamin and Elizabeth (Cook) Griswold. Children: 1. Elizabeth. 2. Sarah. 3. Colonel John. 4. Elijah, died young. 5. Elijah. 6. Abigail. 7. Azubah. 8. Elisha.

(V) Elisha, youngest child of John W. and Azubah (Griswold) Strong, was born December 1, 1748, and died February 28, 1826, in Windsor, where he resided. During the Revolution he was appointed agent of his native town to clothe the Connecticut troops in the Continental Army, and was authorized to borrow three thousand pounds, lawful money, on the credit of the town. The first board of trustees of the Methodist Episcopal Church in Windsor was organized at his house, June 13, 1823, and he was made one of the board. He married, May, 1781, Mary, daughter of David and Mary (dibble) Beebe; she was born October 13, 1759, in Salisbury, Connecticut, died April 21, 1834, at New York. Children: 1. Elizabeth. 2. Mary. 3. John Warham. 4. Julia. 5. Elisha Beebe. 6. Samuel. 7. Charlotte. 8. Almira. 9. General Oliver. 10. William Augustus, besides an infant daughter who died unnamed.

(VI) John Warham (2), eldest son of John Warham (1) and Mary (Beebe) Strong, was born July 21, 1785, in Windsor, and died August 10, 1855, in Detroit, Michigan. He was a merchant, located successively at Catskill, New York, Windsor, Connecticut, West Brownfield and Rochester, New York, and after 1832 at Detroit. he located at West Brownfield ion 1816 and at Rochester 1819. For many years he was a forwarding and commission dealer, served as justice of the peace, and retired from business and lived at Washington, D. C., three years before his death. While on a visit to Detroit, he ruptured a blood vessel, which caused his demise. A man of kindly nature and polished manner, he made and retained friends wherever he went. He married, (first) September 12, 1808, Mary married (first) September 16, 1791, at Hartford, Connecticut, died April 19, 1824, daughter of Jesse and Rebecca (Fish) Root.

Page 443

Mr. Strong married (second) in December, 1830, Emily Caroline Talbot, daughter of Samuel C. and Eliza (Truxton) Cox. After her father's death her mother married a Talbot, and she always went by that name. She died December 9, 1840, One child was born of the second marriage, Eliza Truxton. Those of the first wife were : 1. Julia Elizabeth. 2. Mary Beebe. 3. Rebecca Root. 4. Rebecca Tyron. 5. John Warham. 6. Heman Norton. 7. Harriet Sophia. 8. Sarah Jane. 9. William Augustus.

(VII) Julia Elizabeth, eldest child f John Warham (2) and Mary B. (Root) Strong, was born July 2, 1809, in Windsor; was married June 5, 1827, to Egbert N. Fairchild, later a prominent citizen of Ogdensburg, New York, (See Fairchild VI).


Lewis Historical Publishing Company, Inc., 1910

This book is owned by Pam Rietsch and is a part of the Mardos Memorial Library

Transcribed by Holice B. Young

HTML by Debbie Axtman

You are the Visitor to this USGenNet Safe-Site™ Since September 5, 2004.


[Index][Book Index][NY][AHGP]