Section 4 Lot 5 located on the south side of Pearson Road, east of Stone Road. William Scott owned 35.3 acres on which the cemetery is apparently located. Excepting and reserving a cemetery are recorded in Liber 1532, 1609,. and 1754, at pages 507, 8689, and 287, respectively, and which may help serve to outline the cemetery area. One acre. The present owner’s name is Mantei, and the deed conveying the land to him is found in Liber 1467, at pg. 607. There are re-interments from the Village of Middleport Cemetery Association. Tombstone reading in 1973 by James F. Holohan, LDS Film #1324469 and 1381730.
* Saint Patrick’s and Hartland Central: These are the only active cemeteries in town, others being declared closed by the Town Board April 1982.
* Saint Patrick Roman Catholic
Located on the west side of Carmen Road, south of Rose Road: 3 acres in good condition. 1979 recording: Nancy Stacy, map. Church in the Village of Barker, LDS Film #1324470.
Located on the east side of Carmen Road, 100 yards south of the Ridge Road: 1 acre. Recording by Don Jerge. Stones in fair condition. Rev. burial LDS Film #1381730.
* Hartland Central Cemetery Association-Skeels
Located on the south side of Ridge Road, west of Quaker Road: 10½ acres in very good condition. Records held by Association and tombstones recorded by Gasport Lions Club and Boy Scout Andrew Drum in 1993. Included is a Niagara County Veterans plot. Earliest found burial, 1807. LDS Film #1381730.
Located on the south side of Ridge Road, east of Quaker Road, west of Cobblehurst: 1 acre. Original meeting place at 8856 Ridge Road. Recording by Florence Arnold. LDS Film #1381730.
Johnson Creek Baptist-Hartland Baptist-Union Rural Association
Located on the west side of Johnson Creek Road just north of Ridge Road in back of church property: 1¼ acres. Organized in 1848 as Union Rural Cemetery Association (Register 1/P.3/File 14). Fair condition, many stones have been relocated. 1942 reading: Rev. Heminway. LDS Film #1381730.
Located on the south side of Ridge Road at the Newfane-Hartland Townline: 2 acres. Well kept, stones are in poor condition. The Town of Hartland declared this cemetery inactive for burials 23 April 1982. Maintained by the town, Records burned in a fire. Reading by Florence Arnold. LDS Film #1381730.
Located on Wolfe Lumber Mill Inc. land on the northwest corner of their 11-acre property on the south side of Ridge Road, about 500 feet east of Hartland Road: Lot 3, Section 14, T 15, R 6. The area is now completley overgrown. There are 7 known graves, some marked, others are not. The and apparently was first deeded to Samuel B. Morehouse from Holland Land Co. on 11 March 1818. The transaction was recorded in Deed Liber A, pg. 341. There is no mention of a cemetery, a right of sepulture, and no excepting and reserving clauses excluding a cemetery from lands purchased from Mr. Morehouse. No known records exist, except the reading of the existing tombstones, which was done by Donald Jerge at an earlier date. The cemetery’s first burial was in 1822. Stones were broken and removed during vandalism 29 October 1973.
Copyright, Clayton Betzing, 2002