Located on the west side of Orangeport Road, south of Slayton Settlement Road 100 yards: ¾ acre in Gaskill Old Part and 2½ acres in Orangeport. Incorporated in 1886 as Orangeport Union Cemetery. Papers in File Room, Register 1, pg. 52, File 223. Some DAR recordings, GAR, read by D. Jerge. Maps of 1862, 1886, 1887 in Map Book 12, pgs. 1142, 1152, 1126-1127. Misc. Records Book 1, pg. 207.
Located on the north side of Chestnut Ridge Road at the Lockport Royalton Town Line, just east of Chestnut Ridge Road: 4½ acres, good condition. History. Incorporated in 1941 as Huskey Cemetery Association Inc. Papers in File Room, Register 3, pg. 123, File 3450.
See Chestnut Ridge-Lockport
Dysinger-Royalton Union Baptist
Located on the north side of Bunker Hill Road between Gasport Road and Ward Road. Map. GAR recording by Ann Wallace. 1889 map in Map Book 12, pg. 1128. Incorporated in 1848 as the Royalton Union Cemetery Association. Papers in File Room under Miscellaneous Records in Register 3, pg. 193. Original papers are missing. See File #5069. Incorporated in 1957 as the Royalton Union Cemetery Association Inc. Papers in File Room in Register 4, pg. 326, File 5069.
Located on the west side of Chestnut Ridge Road, south of Graham: ½ acre, very poor condition. GAR recording by Dorothy and Clara McCabe, 1970; D. Jerge, 1971.
Saint Michael Lutheran
Located in the hamlet of Wolcottsville on the north side of Fisk Road, east of the intersection of Wolcottsville Road: 2 acres, good condition. Recorded 1989, Donna Barnes. Index of church records at Historian’s office.
Trinity Lutheran-First Christian
Located in the hamlet of Wolcottsville on the east side of Wolcottsville Road, north of Fisk Road intersection: 3 acres. Recorded by Pauline and Brenda Graff, recorded 1989 by D. Barnes. Index of church records at Historian’s office.
Located on the west side of Griswold Street Free Will Baptist Church, later Methodist Church.; 40 yards south of Graham Road: 2.5 acres, very poor condition. Stones down. Recorded by Julia W. Hull and D. Jerge.
Royalton Mountain Ridge-Green
Located on the east side of Royalton Center Road, 600 yards south of Mountain Road: 16 acres. Map in Map Book 12, 1886, pgs. 1158-61. All records destroyed in 1952. Also, there was a fire in the sexton’s house in 1914 that destroyed the earlier records. GAR, some DAR recordings, few from Clarence Lewis. History. Stones in Potter’s Field read in 1930s by Mrs. Avery Herrick Wilcox.
Located on the north side of Slayton-Settlement Road (TN 14, Range 5, Section 16, Lot 10) on a steep grade about 400 yards east of Hartland Road. Very poor condition. Most stones are broken and down. Reading by D. Jerge, GAR, some DAR recordings. 1815 deed in Book A of Deeds, pg. 85.
Saint Stephen Roman Catholic
Located on Watson Avenue on the west side of the Village of Middleport, about 600 yards east of Carmen Road. Good condition.
Located on the south side of Lincoln Avenue and the east side of Singer. Family plot. Tombstones removed.
Middleport Cemetery Association-Rural
Located on the east side of Maple and north side of New York Central railroad tracks. No 8x10 photo. Removed as per Session Law #676 issued 8 April 1915. Incorporated 1879 as Middleport Cemetery Association. Papers in File Room in Register 1, pg. 33, File 150. Also known as Rural Cemetery. Most remains removed to LeValley on Pearson Road. Misc. Records Book 1, pg. 27.
Indian Burying Ground
Lockport Daily Journal, June 26, 1856. Singular. Workmen engaged upon the enlargment just west of the Waste Weir at Mabee’s have been for a day or two plowing into a knoll or mound of earth, and have thrown up a large number of human bones. No less than 20 skulls were lowed out on Tuesday with the other bones of the body in proportionate numbers. They are all found about 4 feet below the original surface of the earth, and occupy an area of about 20 feet square. The general presumption is (the oldest inhabitant knows nothing of them) that the spot was formerly an Indian burying ground and is now for the first time discovered to civilization. No implement of warfare or trinkets could be discovered among the relics or about the place.
Section 16, Lot 3, Royalton
A cemetery of section of a cemetery went at the time of the widening of the canal. May or may not exist. Not active. Contact Donald Jerge, Royalton Town Historian, for details.
Warwick stone on original Thomas Warwick farm located 1 mile east of Rapids on Tonawanda Creek Road.
? Mill Street, Middleport
Roy Brigham Property
Found stone of Ambrose and Lilie Otto BUDD
Located on the west side of Keck Road, south of the Chestnut Ridge. ? Stones in the Huskey Cemetery. ? Bodies.
Mabee Waste Weir
Widening of the canal.
Copyright, Clayton Betzing, 2002