The Second National Bank was organized January 26, 1864.
The following-named persons composed the first board of directors:
Leonard AMES, Alfred A. HOWLETT, Gilbert MOLLISON, Isaac L. MERRIAM, Theodore
W. WELLS, Henry S. CONDE, William GARDNER, John C. CHURCHILL. First
officers were as follows, viz: Leonard AMES, president; Samuel B. JOHNSON,
vice-president; and Henry S. CHANDLER, cashier. Mr. AMES has remained
president of the bank from its organization to the present time.
Mr. CHANDLER remained cashier until July 1, 1864, when Marshall B. CLARKE
was appointed. January 20, 1872, George M. WILLIAMS was appointed
CLARKE, deceased. Mr. WILLIAMS soon after resigned, and May 6, 1872,
E. P. BURT was appointed, who officiated until December 23, 1873, when
his connection with the bank ceased, and the office was vacant until April
22, 1874, when L. H. CONKLIN, the present county treasurer, was chosen
to that position. Mr. CONKLIN remained cashier until February 28,
1876, when he was suceeded by the present cashier, Henry R. CARRIER.
Capital, one hundred and twenty thousand dollars.
of Oswego County, N. Y., 1789 – 1877, published by Everett & Ferriss,
2000 Laura Perkins / Brandon Bellinger, Photograph