Merritt Cemetery

Westside Chubb Hollow Road (Rt .11), 

North of Welker Rd. & South of Sutherland Rd.

Barrington, NY

If you would like to submit Yates Co Cemetery data to this site please contact DianneThomas.  Copyright resides with the contributor.  

Return to Home Page                                    Return to Cemetery Index

[See Hillside Cemetery]

Presumably the burials in this cemetery, were moved to section B, at Hillside cemetery and buried on the lot purchased by Peter A. Merritt, a son of Ephraim Merritt. Ephraim had purchased 4 farms in this area about 1839.  His will in 1848 made provisions for his monument & left the lands to his sons Enos, Morgan and Peter Merritt.   Hillside cemetery wasn't established until after 1860, and this monument stands in Hillside.

 

HTML by DianneThomas

Copyright  2009 - 2014

These electronic pages may be printed as a link or for personal use, but is NOT to be reproduced in any format for profit or presentation by ANY other organization or persons.

[NY History and Genealogy]